Why visit Premium Dental Hygiene Services?
The benefits of regular dental hygiene appointments
Over half of all adults in the UK have some form of gum disease. Even if you brush your teeth twice a day, you could be at risk of periodontitis or 'gum disease’. If left untreated, gum disease can lead to tooth loss, as well as contributing to other underlying health problems.
Gum disease and you - healthy mouth, healthy body
You can’t feel them or taste them, but your mouth is home to entire colonies of microorganisms. Over 700 strains of bacteria have been detected in the mouth.
Bacteria associated with periodontal diseases travel into the bloodstream and may result in other adverse health effects. People with gum disease are almost twice as likely to have coronary heart disease than people without gum disease. The bacteria produce proteins which cause the platelets in the bloodstream to stick together in the blood vessels of the heart. This can make clots more likely to form. Blood clots reduce normal blood flow leading to a heart attack.
Other important effects on general health include: strokes, diabetes, respiratory diseases and low birth weight or premature births.
Hygienists are specially trained to provide dental health education, remove plaque and tartar by scaling and polishing teeth, treating and helping to prevent gum disease. Even if your teeth and gums are healthy, a regular visit to the hygienist is a great way of ensuring that they remain disease, problem and stain free.
Why come to Premium Dental Hygiene Services?
We are a unique dental hygiene practice and have built up an extensive referral network which includes the best dental specialists available in London.
Our cheerful and approachable manner puts nervous patients at their ease, with many of our patients becoming friends.
- We offer a walk-in service, so you don't need to make an appointment
- We will not rush your treatment, as individual treatment plans achieve the best results for our patients
- We have built up an extensive referral system including the best specialists available in London
- Ultrasonic and proud! We use the Swiss-made Air-Flow Piezon system which delivers outstanding performance as well as exceptionally gentle treatment
- Nervous patients especially comment on how painless their treatment has been
0207 224 3434